St Johns Court Howden
Apartment
£59,950

This two bedroom first floor flat, purpose built for the over 55s, forms part of the St Johns Court complex within the market town of Howden, close to local amenities and access to the M62 at J37. The flat has undergone a series of improvements over the recent years including a new kitchen, bathroom suite and boiler.

KEY FEATURES

  • First floor apartment
  • Newly fitted kitchen, bathroom and boiler
  • Includes appliances
  • Gas central heating
  • uPVC Double glazing
  • Town Centre Location
  • Purpose built for the over 55s
  • Walking distance from local amenities

FULL DESCRIPTION

Description
The property has the benefit of gas central heating and double-glazing, and offers accommodation comprising;

GROUND FLOOR ACCOMMODATION

• Entrance

UPVC access door. Stairway leading to the first floor. One central heating radiator.

FIRST FLOOR ACCOMMODATION

• Landing (7'2" x 2'8")
(2.1m x 0.8m)
Airing cupboard containing the cistern tank with fitted immersion heater.

• Lounge (13'9" x 10'7")
(4.2m x 3.2m)
Timber fire surround with marble inset and hearth housing an electric fire. Timber effect laminate floor. One central heating radiator.

• Kitchen (7'2" x 6'6")
(2.1m x 2m)
Range of fitted base and wall units finished in white high gloss laminate and having laminated worktops and tiled work surrounds. The units incorporate a single drainer stainless steel sink. A 'Hotpoint' washing machine, 'INDESIT' electric cooker and a 'BEKO' fridge/ freezer, and a LEC under-counter freezer. Wall mounted 'Worcester' gas boiler. Tiled effect laminate floor. One central heating radiator.

• Shower room (6'4" x 6'6")
(1.9m x 1.95m)
A white suite comprising a fully tilled corner shower unit with mains shower, a pedestal wash hand basin and a low flush w.c. Walls are tiled to half height. Tiled effect laminate floor. One central heating radiator.

• Bedroom One (8'8" x 10'9")
(2.65m x 3.25m)
To the front elevation. Fitted wardrobe with double sliding mirrored doors. Over stairs storage cupboard. One central heating radiator.

• Bedroom Two (6'7" x 8'8")
(2m x 2.65m)
To the rear elevation. One central heating radiator.

OUTSIDE

• Storage Cupboard

Containing the electric and gas meters.

• Parking

Private communal parking area for the occupants.

GENERAL INFORMATION

St Johns Court is a purpose built complex constructed by Guinness Northern Counties Housing Association and designed to suit the needs of the over 55's. Each of the 26 units situated around this courtyard offers accommodation which has the benefit of many modern facilities including gas central heating and double glazing together with the logical requirements of the elderly including raised height power points and a warden call system. The court also has its own laundry and communal garden area for the residents use.

Whilst we are instructed by the vendors of 4 St Johns Court in its disposal on the open market it is a requirement of the Housing Association that any party interested in purchasing the property complete a simple questionnaire form designed to satisfy the conditions of the Association relating to the residents occupancy of the dwellings.

As the complex is part of a Housing Association Scheme residents purchase only 70 % of the market value of the dwellings with the Association retaining the remaining 30%. In addition to the purchase price, a monthly service charge is payable by the residents to cover maintenance costs, as of April 2017 this cost stands at £81. A more detailed pamphlet provided by the Housing Association explaining the occupancy conditions in greater depth is available from Guinness Northern Counties Housing Association.

Energy Performance Certificate (download PDF)

Howden Office
01430 431201

Email:

Arrange a viewing of this property

If you're human, please click here
Submit
   * indicates a compulsory entry.